This promotion is available to Freetrade customers who open and contribute to a Freetrade SIPP account on or after 8th February 2022.
Step 1: Head to your Profile and select ’Open a pension (SIPP)’.
Step 2: Click the 'Contribute' button to transfer money or 'Transfer a pension' to start transferring old pensions to your Freetrade SIPP by 28th February 2022. Terms apply.
Step 3: We’ll award your free share within 30 days of your Freetrade SIPP being funded (either by deposit or transfer in of one or more pensions).
⚠️ Make sure that the Freetrade SIPP is the right pension plan for you, and that making any transfers to it would be in your best interests.
28th February 2022, at 23:59.
We will award your free share within 30 days of funding your SIPP account or completing the transfer in of at least £5,000.
To qualify for this giveaway, pension transfers must be initiated by 28th February 2021. The free share is yours for as long as you want it unless you transfer out or close your Freetrade SIPP within a year of opening it, in which case the value of the share awarded will be required to be repaid. Terms apply.
Your free share will land in your General Investment Account (GIA).
For tax reasons, we’re not able to place your free share into your SIPP.
You will forfeit your free share, or the amount equal to the value of the free share at the time of awarding. You will have to repay this amount to Freetrade.
You’ll normally be able to transfer your pension from a different provider (subject to terms and conditions). There will be no fees from us for doing so, though your provider may charge you exit fees. It is up to you to ensure this is the right thing for you to do, with the help of a financial adviser, if required. Alternatively, you can choose to have a Freetrade SIPP as well as another pension plan.
1. This promotion of free shares is only offered on the understanding that you will only apply for a Freetrade SIPP, make contributions to it, and request any transfers to be made from other pension plans on the basis that you believe, with the help of a financial adviser if required, that these are the right actions for you to take. This requires you to read and understand the Freetrade SIPP Key Features Document, Terms and Conditions, Charges Schedule and Application Declarations.
2. A free share will only be gifted to you if you add your payment card details for the monthly SIPP subscription charge and contribute a minimum of £5,000 or initiate one or more pension transfers worth a minimum of £5,000 by 28th February 2022.
3. The exact reward free share will be awarded at Freetrade’s discretion, however not less in value than £100.
4. If you close your Freetrade SIPP or withdraw all of your funds within a year of opening a Freetrade SIPP account, you will forfeit your free share or the amount equal to the value of the free share at the time of awarding.
5. Employees and contractors of Freetrade are not eligible for this offer.
6. The offer is only available if you are eligible and accepted as a Freetrade customer. This applies to UK tax residents only, and unfortunately excludes US nationals or dual US nationals who reside in the UK. We reserve the right to refuse to onboard an applicant customer.
7. Neither receiving a share through this promotion nor any mentions of particular securities in our communications as part of this promotion represents a recommendation to buy, sell, or hold any particular security.
8. To be granted a free share as part of this promotion, you must complete your W-8BEN form.
9. Your free share will be awarded into your General Investment Account (GIA).
10. Receiving a free share may have tax implications. Freetrade does not take any responsibility for tax related to this stock award.
11. Freetrade retains full discretion to determine whether a customer has fulfilled all of the requirements to participate in this offer and can withdraw, remove or vary the free share offer at any time for any customer.
12. Freetrade does not provide investment advice and individual investors should make their own decisions or seek independent advice.